The STA will be presenting a Summer Pro-D Townhall on May 18, 2023, from 3:30pm – 5:00 pm via Zoom. This will be an open forum for you to bring forward your concerns, ask questions, and share ideas with other Pro-D and STA Reps. You can submit your Pro-D questions during your registration. Register now.
Most schools will be looking at making Summer Pro D plans in the coming weeks. Staff reps and Pro-D reps will be receiving an email package regarding summer Pro-D and the vote. Please watch for an email from your Pro D or Staff Rep.
Here are some things to consider when planning your Summer Pro D:
- All professional development, including Summer Pro-D, must be teacher initiated and directed. Summer Pro-D votes should only take place if teachers (not administrators) request that a vote take place, and if the professional development committee is willing to plan the activity for the summer Pro-D Day.
- The vote must be conducted at a single in-person meeting and follow the Summer Pro-D Settlement Agreement and Memorandum.
- The vote will be by secret ballot. There will be no email or proxy votes permitted.
- Attendance at Summer Pro-D is voluntary, even if your school voted in favour of it. Teachers who choose not to attend the summer Pro-D days will do their professional development on the non-instructional in-lieu date.
- Non-instructional days for the 2023 – 2024 school year are:
- September 25 (one possible admin directed day)
- October 20 (PSA Day and cannot be considered as an in-lieu date)
- November 10 (STA Aboriginal Education Committee event)
- February 23 (STA/SD36 Focus)
- May 3 (STA Convention and cannot be considered as an in-lieu date)
- May 27 (one possible admin directed day)