- This event has passed.
New Teachers' Conference
October 30, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 2:45 pm
One event on May 19, 2022 at 8:30 am
Who? Beginning teachers in their first or second year of contract teaching who haven’t attended this event in the past are invited to attend.
- Welcome – Matt Westphal, STA President
- BCTF Induction Ceremony – Teri Mooring, BCTF 1st Vice President
- Moving Beyond Survival: What New Teachers Need To Know
- Mythbusters: Understanding Your Legal Rights and Responsibilities
- Supports available for teachers
- Professional Relationships
- Collective Agreement Scenarios
- Important Dates; understanding your paycheque; Q & A
- Connect and Network with other new teachers
Info for Leave Of Absence:
Teachers attending this event will have their TTOC paid for by the STA.
Part-time contract teachers who would otherwise TTOC on this day, please submit LOA use Article G. 7 – TTOCs conducting union business
Contract teachers please use Article G.21.7.h – Surrey Teachers’ Association Business
Details: STA New Teachers &TTOCs’ Conference
Cost of TTOC to be borne by: STA
Attention: Julia MacRae
Please book a TTOC for this day through the dispatch system as soon as possible after receiving confirmation that you are registered.
We will also be creating a waitlist, to enable us to give those people pre-registration for the next session in February.
Please refrain from wearing perfumes, colognes, aftershaves and other scented products at all STA events.
Please note: Teachers Teaching-on-Call who do not have a part-time contract are not eligible to attend this event. We will hold a TTOC event in Spring. Please look for other STA-sponsored TTOC events.