This month is Asian Heritage Month in Canada and theme for this year is “Stories of Determination”.
Asian Heritage Month is a chance to learn more about the past of Canadians with Asian ancestry and recognize their challenges and difficulties, such as racism, discrimination, and xenophobia. It is also an excellent opportunity to honour the many ways they have contributed to our communities.
Asian Canadian Cultures in Canada Include:
- East Asia: China, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Taiwan
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, East Timor, Vietnam
- South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Western Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- Central Asia: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan
- The Asia-Canada Timeline
- Significant events in history of Canadians of Asian heritage
- The Virtual Museum of Asian Canadian Cultural Heritage