Committee elections will be occurring at upcoming STARA meeting on Wednesday, October 23.
There are vacancies on the following Standing Committees:
- Anti Poverty Committee – open
- Awards Committee – 1 spot
- Health and Safety Committee – 6 spots
- Indigenous Education committee – open
- International Solidarity Committee- 1 spot
- Pension Chair – 1 spot
- Convention Committee – indigenous site – 1 spot, Primary site – 3 spots, Intermediate site – 1 spot, Secondary site –1 spot, Excursions – 1 spot
- Political Action Public Relations committee – 3 spots
- Economic welfare cttee – 8 spots (no one is there so far!)
- Ed governance committee – open
- Grievance Committee – 5 spots
- PD committee – 2 spots
- Social Convenor – 1 spot
- TIME committee – 5 spots
- Status of Men in the teaching profession – open
- South Asian Student Advocacy by teachers committee- open
“Open” means there are an unlimited number of members.
- If you are interested in putting your name forward, please let Julia know at email@example.com. It is helpful to have the nominations in advance.
- If you want to know more about what the different committees do, or who is already on the committees, please consult our website or give us a call at (604) 594-5353.