- This event has passed.
Integration Support Teachers Workshop: “The Three R’s: Rights, Roles, and Responsibilities for IST”
December 4, 2019 @ 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm
On December 4, the STA’s IST Ad Hoc Advisory Committee will be hosting an afterschool workshop open to all Integration Support Teachers. It will be an orientation to our rights, roles, and responsibilities as STA members in this role. The event is tailored to be supportive and relevant to Integration Support teachers with any amount of experience in the IST role.
We will be serving delicious food and socializing together from 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Workshop time 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm that includes the following topics:
- Understanding our IST Job Description: “Yes we do / No we don’t”
- How the Collective Agreement interacts with the IST role
- “Tools and Resources”–What’s available to members and implications with our unique role
- Identifying specific IST challenges /concerns & recommendations to the STA Executive Committee
- Moving forward: How the STA IST Ad Hoc Advisory Committee can help support us.
We look forward to seeing you there!